Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Little House for Hanukkah - Creations by AR Nov 15th release blog hop!

Welcome stamping and paper craft  friends!   Today I'm excited to be sharing my project made with Adela's cute new template release - House Box and Ornament.
I work for 3 trauma surgeons and they celebrate Hanukkah - so each year I make them gifts of hand made items and home baked goods. I'm always looking for something creative and fun to make for them - and this little house came just in time for my gifts this year! 
I used some glitter white paper (from Michaels) to make the snowy roof and window sills.(they really sparkle IRL but it doesn't show on the pic)  I used a drippy punch from Martha Stewart for the icicles.  I attached a square of silver paper inside the windows.
I silver embossed the Happy Hanukkah and the Star of David.  I tied a piece of Eyelash Glitter yarn through the chimney so the house could be hung up or tied to a package.
You can push out the inside piece of the house and place some treats inside if you like.  Hershey Kisses would be a perfect treat!
Here are the two separate pieces of the house
I also decorated a blue bag (purchased at the Dollar Store - 2 bags for $1.00!!)  I stamped on a wide piece of twill (Wishing you a Happy Hanukkah and a Menorah by Papertrey Ink)  and adhered it to the bag with Scor Tape to be sure it would stay on.  I found these beautifully colored Menorah Candles at TJ Maxx which I will put in the bag along with some home made goodies.  The little house will be hanging on the bag handle as shown.    
I think they will like their gifts!

Now here are the details on how you could win this sweet little template!
HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS
New Release

Begins Thursday, Nov.15 at 6:00am (EST) 
Ends Sunday at midnight

3 LUCKY WINNERS! 
How to Win: One random comment from each group listed below will be chosen to receive the new template. The more you comment, the greater your chances!

Visit and comment at each blog - one winner chosen from the AR Team

One winner chosen from a comment on the AR FaceBook Page.
The third winner will be chosen from the comments left at Paper Crafts Planet
WINNERS will be announced on AR Facebook page and AR Paper Craft Planets Group
on Monday, Nov. 19

Now let's go see what the other Design Team members did with this cute little house template!
Amy Park  
Julia Aston:    Me!
Sue Kment  

Stamps: on the house - Star of David - unknown, happy hanukkah - Wordsworth,  on bag and candle package - Mazel Tov - Papertrey Ink..
Paper:  sparkly white - Michaels, Blueberry Sky and Spring Rain - PTI, silver paper - Joanne's.
Ink:  Versamark, Memento Nautical Blue
Accessories:  glitter eyelash yarn - Martha Stewart (Michaels), drip punch - Martha Stewart, xacto knife, Scor tape, silver embossing powder, hot gun, circle and scallop circle punches - SU, wide twill - SU, paper bag - the Dollar Store, candles - TJ Maxx.

37 comments:

Shari Dancer-Thomas said...

These are too cute!

Lynn said...

I love the icicles on the house, they really make it stand out :)

Tethered2Home said...

oooo I think I have that drip punch. What a creative way to use it!

Caroline said...

These are gorgeous love them. Caroline xxx

ursula Uphof said...

Just love how you have made these little houses. They are too sweet. Thanks for sharing, Ursula xxx

Patti J said...

What a great idea! I'm sure the docs will enjoy receiving this beautiful gift. Tee hee...love the little drips on the windows, so cute!

Esther Asbury said...

What darling little house boxes -- love 'em!

Sue D said...

What a nice gift set for your surgeons!

Lori said...

Beautiful idea!

MaryEllen said...

love your Hanukkah version of these adorable houses

Brennen said...

The use of the drippy punch is genius! Looks awesome.

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Julia! Your projects are darling! I love all the little houses and detail! Sure puts me in the holiday mood!

Annette Allen said...

wow you are so inspiring to me.. I just love all the amazing projects you create.. this is another master piece.. love it

disneylisa said...

Very nice. They'll love them.

grass said...

woooo!!wonderful job!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow...what a great gift set for your Jewish friends. They will be so impressed, as am I, with your creativity...AND thoughtfulness. Beautifully done!

Axes DesigNs said...

Of course they will like your gifts.. they are so cute the little house is beautiful..

Cheryl W said...

These little houses are wonderful! They'll make a lovely gift.

Rhonda Miller said...

You've done a beautiful job.

Deb Speijers said...

Love the snow detail on the roof, colors are great too.

micki542 said...

What a great idea. I love the icicles

paintedlady89 said...

This gift is absolutely beautiful. I love the houses, what a fabulous way to give a gift!

Ellen Taylor said...

Fantastic houses! Love the snow covered roofs and icicles!

Sue from Oregon said...

Now isn't this so crafty??? Love the thoughtfulness of your gift and the creativeness too. Everything is so accessorized girlie...very cool!

Unknown said...

Julia, I'm so happy to see your set! This is just so perfect! Love the icicles, too!

AnnaMu said...

Wow, love your frosted house I can almost feel the cold. Just perfect :)

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Anonymous said...

Julia, I love the blue and white colour scheme, and especially the icicles on the roof and window.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh my! How adorable are these houses. I thought they were bigger until I saw them hanging from the bag. Too cute!

Kelly S. said...

Yay the Hanukkah gift post...I find them so inspiring, Julia! I can't believe that little house as a TAG! I might have to steal that idea. These look so pretty in blue! Off to find out more about that sweet template :)!!

Mary Roberson said...

I know the Doctors will love their gifts! The little house is such a darling addition to your dollar store find that you were able to personalize. I've never seen candles like that before, what a thoughtful gift.

Hanukkah Decoration said...

The house you have made for hanukkah decoration is really looking beautiful. For jewish people this will be an amazing occasion for celebration.

Joan Ervin said...

Each year you always create the most wonderful gifts for your docs, Julia...the little house you created this year is adorable!!!! I bet they really look forward to your gifts!!!!!

A Touch of SOL said...

What a GREAT gift...Love that you can add a treat inside. Thank you for sharing...those icicles really make a Great Impression!

Lolis said...

Love the little house and what a great idea to use it as a tag!

Scraptella said...

Wunderschöne Idee!!
Cute little house box

Nana said...

Uyyy que linda casita de invierno, por eso los colores, está maravillosamente hermosa, gracias por compartirla.