Thursday, December 13, 2012

Ellen Hutson 12 Tags of Christmas - Tags #10 and #11

I've got all of Ellen Hutson's 12 Tags of Christmas done accept for yesterday's which will be posted soon!  Today I'm posting my versions of Tag #10 and Tag #11.

Tag #10 was designed by Maile Belles.  I was happy to see a clean and simple design after the intenseness of  Tag #9 yesterday!  Here is my version of Maile's tag:
First I cut a tag out of Kraft card stock using Tim Holtz Tag and Bookplate die.  I stamped two sentiments from Compliments of the Season by Waltzingmouse repeatedly in rows to cover my tag using Versamark and embossing it in white.  I used both satin ribbon and wrinkled seam tape at the top.
The trees and star are from Teeny Trees and the sentiment is from A Cottage Christmas - both sets from Waltzingmouse.  I used Worn Lipstick and Evergreen Ranger Distress inks for the trees.
Tag #11 was designed by Carolyn Parker and here is my interpretation of it:
My angel is from Earth Angel and the peace sentiment is from Festive Foliage.  I used a piece of sticky back canvas behind her instead of the cloth that Carolyn used.  I drew faux stitching around the edges with a fine tip brown pen and sponged the edges with Ranger Distress Tea Dye Ink.  I paper pieced my angel's dress and wings with the same patterned paper I used to cover the tag.
I didn't have the Tarnished Silver Glass Glitter Carolyn used so I used Ranger Distress Tea Dye Stickles around the edges of my tag.
I tied a triple bow through the hole at the top of the tag using wrinkled seam tape and attached a silver brad from Stampin'Up to the center.
On the bottom I attached an oval metal frame from Stampin'Up.  I stamped 'peace' on a piece of Vintage Cream cardstock, cut it with the small oval punch by Stampin'Up then sponged the edges with Tea Dye ink. It fit nicely inside the frame.

So - there's just one more tag to go and I'll be done!  I hope I haven't bored you to tears with all these tags...?!?!

Tag #10:
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Teeny Trees, A Cottage Christmas, Compliments of the Season
Paper:  Kraft, white -PTI
Ink:  Versamark, Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Worn Lipstick, Evergreen Bough
Accessories:  hot gun, white satin ribbon and black dotted ribbon - PTI, wrinkled seam tape - Prairie Bird Boutique Etsy Shop, vanilla embossing powder - SU, Scor Tape

Tag #11:
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Earth Angel, Festive Foliage
Paper:  Vintage Cream - PTI, DP Webster's Pages Petite Papers, sticky back canvas - Claudine Helmuth
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress Tea Dye
Accessories:  Tag & Bookplate die - Tim Holtz Alterations, small oval punch - SU, Tea Dye Distress Stickles, Copics - R20, E00, Metal Frame and Big silver brad - SU, small brads - Imaginisce, wrinkled seam tape.

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Beautiful tags love the different designs and colours. Caroline xxx

Annette Allen said...

wow you are just whipping up these tags and they are all amazing..filled with so much beauty...good luck on the challenge.. :)

Anonymous said...

These are such gorgeous tags Julia!! You are doing beautifully on these tags!! Thanks for sharing! HUGS :)

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW!!! These are absolutely WONDERFUL! LOVE your designs and use of beautiful WMS!
have a nice week-end, hugs, Karin

Deborah Frings said...

These are so different - love the bright modern Christmas trees, and the pretty vintage Earth Angel!