Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Ellen Hutson's 12 Tags of Christmas - Tags #5, #6 and #7

As promised -  here are 3 more of my tags for the Ellen Hutson 12 Tags of Christmas.  I'm finally caught up - well, not in my posting of them but in my making of them!  They end on December 12th so I'll post my final tags in a day or so!

 The Day #5 Tag was designed by my very talented stamping friend, Kittie Caracciolo!  Here is my interpretation of it:
 I didn't add as much sparkle as Kittie - I had a little 'glitter crisis' when I tried to glitter the slopes (!) and had to tear them off and try again! -  so I just used my crimper to give them dimension (great idea Kittie!) and put a little glitter on the tree!
I used a different deer (Tim Holtz Alteration Mini Reindeer and 25 die) and tree (Dee's Distinctively - small snow covered tree die) and I added a little snow rabbit! (Papertrey Ink - In the Meadow)I love the stark white against the blue starry sky!

Day #6 tag was designed by Teri Anderson - and this is my take on it:
 I just didn't have it in me to make the pretty twine trees Teri created on her tag (winding all that twine around the tree shape!) - so instead I used my favorite new tree die from Dee's Distinctively.  I stamped some white cardstock with a woodgrain background stamp from the Woodgrain Backgrounder stamp set by Waltzingmouse.   I did add lots of twine to the top to make up for the design change!!
The pink stamped snow flake is from Compliments of the Season set and the Time to make Merry is from Ornate Ornaments - both by Waltzingmouse.  I added White Opal Liquid Pearls to the centers of the snowflakes.
Day #7 tag was designed by Julia Stainton - and here is my tag:
I used some sparkly black Thicker letters that I had in my stash and I used the Tim Holtz rosette die as I didn't have the snowflake rosette.  (There's always something MORE to buy isn't there!!)  I dry embossed the tag with Snow Flakes embossing folder by Provo Craft and then I ran Tumbled Glass distress stain over the top.   I embossed the whole tag with Moon Glow Embossing powder that gave it an iridescent glow IRL!
I cut the rosette out of Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap/Terminology, added a metal snowflake to the middle and wrapped Glitter Eyelet Yarn around the snowflake.

Sunday I worked on my Days 8 and 9 - and I'll be posting them soon!  Just 3 more to go after that!  These tags are fun - but what pressure to get them done in a timely fashion!!  (of course it's pressure I put on myself because I want to make them as soon as I see them!!)  I really like learning new techniques - or seeing how I can recreate the effect with what I have.

Kittie's Tag #5:
Stamps:  None
Paper:  white - PTI, DP - DCWV Winter collection
Ink:  None
Accessories:  wrinkled seam tape - Prairie Bird Boutique Etsy Shop, small snow covered tree die - Dee's Distinctively, foam tape, glitter, crimper, Mini Reindeer and 25 die - Tim Holtz Alterations, rabbit die - PTI Into the Meadow.

Teri's Tag #6
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Woodgrain Backgrounder, Compliments of the Season, Ornate Ornaments
Paper:  Avery Shipping Tag, white - PTI
Ink:  Memento Teal Zeal, Ranger Distress Worn Lipstick and Spun Sugar
Accessories:  small snow covered tree die - Dee's Distinctively, Liquid Pearls White Opal, Crystal ice Stickles, foam tape,Pink Sorbet and Ocean Bakers Twine - The Twinery.

Julia's Tag #7:
Stamps:  none
Paper:  Avery Shipping Tag
Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap/Terminology
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  hot gun, moon glow embossing powder, tumbled Glass Distress Stain - Tim Holtz, glitter eyelet yarn - Martha Stewart, Black Thickers, Snow Flakes embossing folder - Provo Craft, Rosette Die - Tim Holtz Sizzlet, metal snowflake charm - from stash, rhinestone - Michaels, black ribbon - Amuse.

9 comments:

Caroline said...

WOW stunning tags they are all beautiful. Caroline xxx

slbt17 said...

nice job!
Sandra

Annette Allen said...

wow wee this are just amazing...filled with so much beauty.. you are just so creative..

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW Julia! What a stunning collection of tags! Happy Holidays!

Riet said...

What a beautiful tags Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Anonymous said...

I love each and everyone of your tags Julia!! WOW!! So stunning with your die cuts! HUGS :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vicki Dutcher said...

You are doing a fantastic job with these tags!! You go Girl!

Mary Marsh said...

I love the tags you are creating Julia-you always do a fantastic job with each one you create- I remember you TH tags from last year-I have one saved that you sent me a couple of years ago and use it as a decoration on my tree