Friday, July 24, 2015

Welcome Baby - Jar

A young co-worker is having her first baby (a girl) in August and we are having a baby shower for her next week.  I'm contributing something to the joint gift we are giving her but I also wanted to give her something just from me. So I made this sweet little Baby Food Jar box.  How cute is this??!!  It measures about 2 1/4" wide x 2 3/4" high by 1" deep.  The perfect size to slip in a gift card, a roll of cash, or a small gift!
The die is called Food Jar 3D and Spoon - designed by Eileen Hull for Sizzix and I cut it out of  Cream Little Sizzles Matboard so it's really sturdy.  I also die cut the pieces out of pink gingham patterned paper from Amuse, adhered it to the matboard pieces and sponged the edges with Ranger Distress Tea Dye Ink.  Here you can see the inside space with the basket shred taken out.
I decorated the back of the jar as well, personalizing it with the new baby's name, Alanna, a sweet sentiment from the Beautiful Baby stamp set by MFT and a Movers and Shapers star cut from the matboard and embossed with Frantage Shabby Pink embossing powder.
Back again to the front - the die includes a cute little spoon that I embossed with Frantage embossing powders -  Aged Silver on the handle and Shabby Pink on the bowl of the spoon to make it look like those little baby spoons with the rubber on the bowl.  I die cut the labels on front and back using Thinlets Labels.  The heart is from the same Movers and Shapers die set as the star.  I also embossed the 'lid' of the jar with the Frantage Aged Silver embossing powder.  To finish off my cute little jar, I knotted pink and magenta wrinkled seam tape around the tops on both sides and put a little basket shred inside it.
I made one of these for a baby boy last winter - you can see it here.
I'm linking my little jar to the following challenge:

Stamps:  Beautiful Baby - My Favorite Things, name made with Snap Stamps by Karen Foster- Retired.
 Paper:  gingham DP - Amuse, Cream Little Sizzles Matboard - Sizzix
Ink:  Ranger Distress Tea Dye, Versamark
Accessories:  Food Jar 3D and Spoon - Eileen Hull/Sizzix, Star and Heart from Small Movers and Shapers - Alterations/Sizzix, ScorTape, Frantage Embossing Powders Aged Silver and Shabby Pink - Stampendous, Labels dies - Alterations Thinlets.


17 comments:

Juliz Design Post said...

Totally adorable Julia, love it.
Julie x

Pamellia said...

Wow, this is fabulous Julia! What a great idea for a gift. Love the silver embossing on the spoon and lid! hugs :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

So cute! Love how sturdy it looks~

Samra said...

Julie, this is gorgeous!!! Not only that the design for this cute little gift box is amazing, but the colors you chose to decorate it are stunning!!! What a great way to give little something to a new soon to be mom!
Have a wonderful day!!!
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Redanne said...

Julia, this is absolutely stunning! I love the way you decorated it, the sentiment is wonderful and I LOVE the spoon!!

Thanks so much for joining in Eileen's Art With Heart 3D Challenge! Hugs, Anne xx

Kim Heggins said...

This is just one fabulous project! I love all your fabulous little details, so pretty.

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... this is beyond adorable! How special this will be for Alanna's mom to receive. A beautiful keepsake! xx

Unknown said...

What a sweet gift Julia, this is precious!!

Unknown said...

Darling, Julia!! Your co-worker is going to LOVE this!! XOXO-Shari

Annie said...

What a sweet gift box Julia. Perfect for the new baby. Love the decoration and I am sure it will be treasured

Hugs Annie x

Deb said...

That is so lovely Julia, what a thoughtful and special gift!

Marybeth said...

Everything about this is adorable! Loving the gingham , the spoon and rim and that adorable bow, not to forget the sentiment. This is going to be the hit of the baby shower, Julia! How ever did you come up with this.....

eileen hull said...

oh my gosh- how adorable Juia! Perfect sentiment and just gorgeous!

Darnell said...

This is ahdorable, Julia! As you showed each side, my grin just got bigger and bigger! This will be the hit of the shower, so make sure you go prepared to take orders! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute ensemble Julia! So pretty in pink and frilly! I love it! Your coworker will treasure this!

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, how adorable - this is so sweet, Frantaged spoon, pretty ribbon and all. Your coworker will love it!
Alison xx

Joan B said...

beyond fabulous!