Friday, June 19, 2015

You Mustn't be Afraid

I have a shimmery gold shaker card to share with you today.  I made it using some brandy-new Waltzingmouse Dies (Stitched Rectangles) and big sentiment stamp (Dream Bigger). This sentiment really takes front and center honors filling most of the card front!  Perfect for a graduation card or for someone who needs encouragement for any reason.
I also used an older WMS stamp and die set - Fine Feathers.  Die cutting the feather and embossing it in gold.
I added Vanilla Frost Shaker Mix - another new product from Waltzingmouse - it's a great mix of round and flower sequins, and tiny tiny clear beads!
Inside I gold embossed more stampings from Fine Feathers.
I took a few photo's of how I put the shaker piece together. 
I cut the gold frame by nesting two of the Stitched Edge Dies.  This gave me a frame and a panel left over to use on another project!
I cut a piece of clear acetate the size of the frame and put foam tape (the width of the frame) around all the edges of the acetate so the shaker mix can't fall out!  I didn't remove the covering from the foam tape yet.
I poured a bit of the Shaker Mix onto the acetate (foam tape side up).  Some people like to rub the inside edge of the foam tape with powder to take away the stickiness so the sequins etc. don't stick to the foam- but I like the way it holds some of the mix on the edges so it's not all pooling at the bottom.
I die cut a panel from white cardstock using the same size as the frame and gold embossed the sentiment stamp on it.  I removed the covering from the foam tape on the acetate piece and laid the sentiment over the acetate (sentiment side down!)  being careful to line up the edges ( foam tape is very sticky so you can't really adjust it after it's touched the cardstock)
I adhered the finished shaker piece to a white die cut panel, layering that over a brushed gold panel and finally to the white card base.  I adhered the feather across the top of the frame.  To finish off my card - I added a few sequins from the Shaker mix to the feather and frame.
I'm linking my card to The City Crafter Challenge - Die Cut Gold
Have a happy crafty weekend everyone!

Stamps:  Dream Bigger, Fine Feathers - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  White, Clear Vellum - PTI, Brushed Gold - SU
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Gold Embossing Powder;  Shaker Mix Vanilla Frost, Stitched Rectangls Dies, Fine Feathers Die - Waltzingmouse; foam tape


14 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

This is the most gorgeous shaker Julia.

The Colour Press said...

Def d best card if seen all day today. I really like d idea of d feather to add extra interest. It's beautiful.

Annette Allen said...

wow this is gorgeous.. I love the gold and that it is a shaker.. awesome designing..

Vicki Dutcher said...

Well done! Love the shaker "stuff", the way you used the feather and the color of neutral -- awesome card

Pamellia said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card! I love the beige and white together, it's such an appealing combo! The sequins are so pretty, and that feather looks amazing across the top like that!! hugs :)

Redanne said...

Oh wow Julia, I love this!! The stitched borders are on my wish list and so is that feather now... I think this is so beautiful in the gold and white - great sentiment too. Hugs, Anne xx

Juliz Design Post said...

Adore your card Julia, sophisticated and elegant. I also love the faux stitch detail.
Julie x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is gorgeous , thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely fabulous!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent here with us at CCCB!

Words and Pictures said...

Love the elegant design and lighter than air colour palette - lovely shaker card with the feather floating on top as the perfect finishing touch.
Alison xx

Unknown said...

Lovely, Julia!! The gold and white color combination is so elegant and posh :) Just gorgeous!! XOXO-Shari

Deepti said...

Beauty! The feather on top of it looks incredible :)

Samra said...

WOW!!! This is gorgeous Julia!!! Stunning design and such fantastic shade of gold! Thank you for joining CCCB this week!
Samra DT

Inkypinkycraft said...

a great card , love the sequins inside it xx