Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Easter Stained Glass

I was excited to try the Faux Stained Glass technique when I saw it on the CAS Mix Up Card Challenge this month and I finally got some time to play!
I made an Easter card with two little bunnies either looking in the window from outside - or looking through the window from the inside?!
I've had these Window Pane dies for quite a while - almost forgot I had them - but found them when I was looking for a die that would work for Faux Stained Glass -  I guess a window is the perfect die!  So these dies just cut the window not an outside edge  (so you could actually cut a window in a panel if you were making a wall in a house or something) so I cut 4 rectangles out of watercolor paper 2" x 1 1/4" then placed the die on one piece at a time and die cut the window..
I took a 2" x 1 1/4" panel of Lupo Alcohol Translucent Paper and dabbed Aqua, Citrus and Coral Alcohol Inks over it with the felt pads and applicator tool.
After the alcohol inks were dry (they dry quickly!) I glued 3 of the window frames together and glued them over the Yupo panel.  I squeezed Glossy accents into each section of the window till they were full and I let it dry overnight.  Then I glued the last piece of the window on top.
 Here's a close up of the window.
I die cut the white panel using Mix and Mat Confetti Die.  The little bunnies (paper and die) are from the Make It Market Kit Fairy Tale Christmas .  The sentiment is from Easter Alleluias.  All from Papertrey Ink.
I love how my faux stained glass came out and will be looking for more dies I have to use with this technique!


I'm linking my card to:
I used faux stained glass, stamping and die cuts

Wednesday Challenge - Create a Scene

Stamps:  Easter Alleluias - PTI
Paper:  Watercolor paper - Canson, white and Spring Rain - PTI, Yupo Alcohol Translucent paper - Ranger.
Ink:  Cornflower Blue - Wendy Vecchi Make Art Ink, Alcohol inks Coral, Citrus and Aqua - Ranger.
Accessories:  Window Pane Dies - Simon Says Stamp, Mix and Mat Confetti Die - PTI, bunnys from Make it Market Kit Fairy Tale Christmas - PTI, foam dots, scor-tape, felt pads and applicator - Ranger, Glossy Accents - Ranger.

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love your colorful stained glass window, Julia! The little bunnies are adorable and look like they are enjoying the view! So good to see you at CAS Mix Up!

Christine Alexander said...

Super cute Julia, Love your adorable bunnies and die cuts :)

Mac Mable said...

The most perfect window die for this technique. Glorious effect and do so love those adorable bunnies too x.

Loll said...

Such a pretty stained glass window, Julia. This is just perfect! I love the colours you've used. And this is such a sweet card with your bunnies and the beautiful confetti die-cut panel backed in blue. Fabulous card!! xx

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful...fell in love with your amazing stained glass window, just as fabulous as it gets.

Susan Joyce said...

Love the two rabbits on the window sill Julia, wonderful design for this months CAS Mix Up!

Susan said...

This is beautiful, Julia! I may have to CASE it! Love the colours and the two sweet little bunnies.

Jo said...

A card with a VIEW, inside or out LOL. You had the perfect tools and brilliantly put this beauty together. This is the best Easter card! Definitely spells out HAPPY. Thanks so much for playing at CAS Mix Up! Miss you xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is so sweet, Julia! Your window is perfect for this technique and I love the colors and the shine! The AI colors must look a little softer on the translucent Yupo paper than those on the regular Yupo and the effect goes so well with the cute bunnies and the light blue confetti background. Thanks so much for sharing the photo tutorial and this pretty card at CAS Mix Up!
Hideko xx